Tag Archives: Makeup Brushes
Lets face it, we all weren’t born with big beautiful eyes like the Queen of perfect features: Angelina Jolie. However, just because we weren’t born with them doesn’t mean that we don’t deserve them!!! Here are a few tips that we love to use to make us look like doey-eyed angels. Also, feel free to leave some of your own tips and tricks in our comments!
Tip #1: White Eyeliner! I know you have heard us say this before, but we can’t stress it enough! Every girl should have this within her reach at all times! If you just apply it to your inner bottom lid you will not only look like an angel, but also it gives the illusion of a bigger/rounder eye. So if you don’t already have this in your collection, here is a great one that is super affordable!
Tip #2: BLEND BLEND BLEND BLEND BLEND! Make sure that when you are using more than one color you always spend enough time blending. eye shadow lines can be really distracting and take the focus away from the shape of your eyes. Make sure to invest in a good blending brush, and that doesn’t mean it has to be expensive! One of our favorite blending brushes we got was from Walgreen’s!
Tip #3: Mascara Tricks! When applying your favorite mascara, stroke the brush towards your nose. This will give your lashes a fuller look and also make your eyes appear wider!
- Brighten’s skin tone.
- Goes on smooth.
- Helps give you a natural glow.
- Doesn’t last throughout the day.
- The tube will only last you a month tops (Theirs only 0.37 ounces of primer in that tube!)
- Not recommended for oily skin. It leaves an unpleasant shine.
- Only use-able for people with fair skin.
- Helps pores appear smaller (What’s up dry skinned ladies!).
- Goes on smoothly.
- Keeps makeup immovable all day.
- Accessible at any local drug store, so you don’t have to search for a Macy’s or Sephora near you.
- Evens out skin color, which means you use less foundation.
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines.
- It’s a thicker primer. Which means you typically use less, leaving you with more product at the end of the month. #SAVEDPENNIES
- Not recommended for girls rockin’ mineral powder foundation. It tends to clump up.
- Not helpful for redness or blotchy skin.
Is your skin so busted you’re actually thinking of getting a chemical peel?
Don’t do it! Instead of risking your skin looking like Samantha’s and feeling like someone just threw acid on your face try this at home remedy instead!
1. Mash up 6-12 non-coated aspirins and combine with freshly squeeze lemon juice.
2. Let the aspirin dissolve until it turns into a paste.
3. Apply the mask to your skin and leave it on for 10 minutes.
4. Remove the face mask by dipping a cotton round in some baking soda and some water.
The aspirin has salicylic acid which helps to remove acne and pimples since it is like a chemical peel. The lemon juice has vitamin C and helps minimize sun damage to your skin. Baking soda works great at the end to neutralize the salicylic acid.
Want to extend the shelf life of your makeup brushes up to twenty years?
You should clean your makeup brushes after every use with a daily cleaner for many reasons. The biggest reason is the oil, dirt and old makeup that builds up on your brushes which can contribute to breakouts and irritated skin.
Cleaning your brushes daily is great for your skin but thoroughly cleaning your brushes weekly is great for your brushes!
Mix a small amount of baby shampoo and warm water in a bowl, dipping just the bristles (try to avoid getting the furrule wet so you do not loosen the glue of your brush). After you have submerged the bristles, run brush under warm water until the water runs clear. All that’s left is laying them out to dry and voila you’re done! Good brushes are expensive, so taking fifteen minutes out of your week to have your makeup brushes last you years is totally worth it!